Tuesday 19 February 2013

In the Mood for... London Fashion Week

It was London Fashion Week from 15th to 19th February and everyone was in the mood for a fashionable few days so here are my looks for these few days.

This first look (excuse the mess of my flat) includes one of my favourite recent purchases - a bomber jacket from the new cult French brand Wanda Nylon; they call themselves 'the only fashion brand dedicated to rain protection and water'. This is the coolest brand I've discovered so far this year and I'm loving every piece of their design from both their SS13 Cyclone collection and Pre-fall13 Typhoon collection. I strongly recommend investing in their pieces! Their designs concentrates on redefining the classic trench coats and biker jackets, etc. and turning them into something both futuristic and practical. The even better fact is the materials they use are 90% recycled! 


The second look is what I would call my shopping-ready relaxed weekend style. Love throwing on a cool jumper, slinging a lady-like bag and rolling up the jeans to make everything look so laidback. I have to brag about this Kenzo tiger jumper because I was so lucky to get one from Harvey Nichols last weekend, purely because someone on the wait list didn't want hers anymore and they had one left! This Kenzo 'tiger fever' REALLY does exist! The flats I am wearing in this photo are from the Charlotte Olympia Spring13 collection. These Capri Kitty flats are incredibly comfortable, there is no break-in time for them at all! 



The last look (not the least!) which I very much enjoyed putting it together is highlighted by another one of my great 2013 investments - a Delvaux neon yellow Brilliant bag. I have been eyeing for a Delvaux Brilliant since the first time I saw them nicely laid out in Dover Street Market (DSM) almost three years ago, but I was never really keen on the classic colours of black and dark red. This all changed when I saw a dozen of them in different sizes in either neon pink or neon yellow in DSM again in the beginning of this year. I fell helplessly in love with them for the playful colour on this classic bag. Delvaux, is a brand with history longer than Hermès. It was founded in 1829 by Charles Delvaux in Brussels and is the oldest fine leather luxury goods brand in the world. All of their products are handmade in their workshops located either in Belgium or France. 

Personally I like designers less known but still have impeccable quality of craftsmenship - Delvaux is a perfect example.


 
I had lots of fun putting some outfits together during LFW, I wasn't lucky enough to see the shows but hey, there was no harm getting myself into the LFW spirits is there?

Wearing:
(First look)
Wanda Nylon Anorak camille green dichroic foil
Mother Denim the looker low waist jeans
Converse classic white canvas flats

(Second look)
Kenzo tiger knitted top
Mother Denim the looker low waist jeans
Charlotte Olympia Capri Kitty flats
Céline classic box bag in python
Hermès bracelet

(Third look)
Stella McCartney coat
Erdem silk shirt
Erdem trousers
Converse classic white canvas flats
Delvaux neon yellow Brilliant MM bag  

No comments:

Post a Comment